Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Confession: Intro to the new Blog

Hey everyone! Welcome to my new blog! :) One of my very close and bestest friends recently changed her blog to focus on what she loved the most: organizing, creating, and decorating. And it made me reconsider what I focus my life on the most and how I could use my blog to help my readers. I asked myself what was closest to my mind and my heart that would also benefit those who I care about the most or would be partly entertaining. While I love politics, I don't have a lot of time to follow it closely on a day to day basis. As I narrowed down my topics I kept coming back to what I obsess about weekly: my eating and exercising.

I chose this title because of a childhood friend. One time  when we were at a ballgame or at her house (it's been a while, I can't remember exactly) her dad asked her if she wanted some "tater tots and twinkies." I remember being puzzled and asking him what he was talking about.....he said that earlier in the week my friend had went into our small town and brought  tater tots and twinkies back to eat! I laughed so hard and it became an inside joke between us close friends. So, the title brings back good memories while also reminds me of my skinner days! haha!

The title also fits perfectly into my eating habits. I don't eat twinkies, per se, but I do love my carbs (hence: tater tots), my sweets (hence: twinkies) and I try to throw in something healthy (hence: salads).  When I was in elementary I was a big hunk of chunk! Mom had me play basketball to help me lose weight and then softball to help me gain strength. When I started playing basketball in school (7th grade), the baby fat came off pretty easily and stayed off all through school due to the exercise I engaged in on a daily basis. As most of us, when I graduated from high school I did not stay active and over the years I have "yo-yo"ed my weight.                

This blog is going to be dedicated to my journey with my weight and my love of food that often gets in my way. I hope you enjoy and that it will help most of you in your own journey. And if you are one of the lucky few who does not struggle with your weight, then maybe it will at least bring you some laughs! hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment